Christ Baptist Church
“Together Again” Regathering Plan
“Together again.” These are words that we have all longed to hear for many weeks. We are excited to regather the Christ Baptist Church family for worship in a safe, thoughtful, and loving way beginning June 7, 2020.
The Bible gives clear direction concerning corporate worship. Whenever possible, we should worship together (Hebrews 10: 24-25). When we worship together, we do so in alignment with the authorities that God has placed over us and in obedience to His word (Romans 13: 1-7). When we worship, we do so partly as a testimony to our membership and surrounding community (Acts 2: 5-12; 42-47). When we worship, we will act carefully and safely, showing love, honor, patience, and hospitality (Romans 12: 9-13). In obedience to these scriptural mandates, we greatly anticipate joining our hearts and minds “together again.”
Medical authorities such as the North Carolina Department of Social Services and the Centers for Disease Control have recommended and published COVID-related health and safety measures for mass gatherings. Although we do not rely on government to dictate to us how to worship, we believe it is wise to follow social distancing and transmission reduction measures before, during and after our worship services. Christ Baptist Church will take every reasonable measure to reduce health risks, but we ask you to thoughtfully and prayerfully consider whether your attendance could create unnecessary risk to yourself or others. The safety measures outlined in this document will allow each individual to make an informed decision about whether to attend worship in person or continue worshiping online. Please ensure that each member of your household, including your little ones, understand the importance of following these measures.
If you feel you will be unable to adhere to the social distancing and transmission reduction requirements or if the discomfort caused by these measures will inhibit your ability to worship God, please consider continuing to worship online rather than attending in person. Regardless of whether you decide to join us in person or online, know that you are an important part of this body and that we love you!
On Sunday, June 7, Christ Baptist Church doors will open at 10:00 am and the service will run from 10:30 am to 11:30 am. There will only be one service, which will be livestreamed and available online. There will be no nursery or childcare; diapering stations are available in the Gathering Hall women’s restroom. Children are welcome to attend and remain with their families throughout the service, as we are not offering a separate worship service for children at this time. We will not offer coffee, food or drink. Sunday School will continue online, as will other programs and meetings.
- Christ Baptist Church will be thoroughly cleaned and sanitized between worship gatherings.
- High-touch areas such as doors, doorknobs and rails will be routinely disinfected.
- Hand sanitizer and tissue will be prominently provided at main entrances and exits and will be frequently checked and refilled.
- Soap and hand drying materials will be available at all restroom sinks.
- Items that are not easily cleaned, sanitized or disinfected will not be used.
- To the extent possible, all doors will be propped open.
- Social distancing markers and directional signs will be placed on the ground near the entryways and throughout the open portions of the facility.
Before Coming to Worship
Clearly, we all desire to gather together but no one should feel any less faithful as you use your discretion in making this important decision. For those who do plan to participate indoors, we ask that you do the following before coming to worship:
- Please pray: that God will eliminate this virus; that God would protect each of us from becoming sick; that we can gather together safely; and for a spirit of peace among our Church as we regather under these less than ideal circumstances.
- The North Carolina Department of Health and Human Services has identified various risk factors for group gatherings. These can be found at ncdhhs.gov. Please consult with your health care provider if you have any questions about risk factors. If you are in a ‘high-risk’ population, as stated by the NCDHHS, we encourage you to continue worshipping online.
- Please take this short self-assessment about your current health:
- Have you or someone you had close contact with in the past 14 days been diagnosed with COVID-19?
- Has a health department or health care provider advised you to quarantine?
- Have you had any of these symptoms in the past few days:
- Fever; (please confirm your body temperature is not elevated before coming to Christ Baptist);
- Shortness of breath or difficulty breathing;
- New cough; or
- New loss of taste or smell?
If you answered “yes” to any of the questions above, please join us for online service and do not join us for in-person worship.
- Please bring your own mask designed to cover your nose and mouth. If you do not have a face covering, Christ Baptist is prepared to offer these upon arrival.
Entering the Building
- Only the Newton Road entrance and Gathering Hall entrance will be open. Only the Fellowship Hall, Gathering Hall, and Worship Center will be accessible. Restrooms in these areas will be available for use. The office, educational areas, and playgrounds will remain closed.
- Doors will open at 10:00. Please plan to arrive in time to facilitate proper seating prior to the beginning of the worship service. Both indoors and outside, please maintain 6 feet of physical space between individuals who are not in your family or household.
- Families of 4 or more should use the Newton Road entrance (front of building) and sit in tiered seating. Ushers will direct all seating.
- Families of 3 or less should use the Gathering Hall entrance (east side) and sit in floor level seating. Ushers will direct all seating.
- Ushers and greeters will let you know when your household may enter so that we can ensure maintaining of social distancing inside the building.
- Each individual must put on their mask before entering the building. Masks must be worn at all times inside the building.
- All attendees are encouraged to make use of the hand sanitation stations placed at each entrance when entering the building.
- Pews will have staggered seating every other row.
- The Worship Center can accommodate approximately 275 people with appropriate social distancing measures in place. We are prepared to cap the room at that number and the ushers will lead others to overflow seating in the Fellowship Hall, also configured to maintain appropriate distance.
- Regrettably, it is essential that we refrain from handshakes or hugs at this time, and allow only the greeters to open or hold doors.
- Please use the restroom before leaving home or, if necessary, before entering the worship service to minimize foot traffic during the worship service.
- Offering plates will be available at entrances but will not be passed during the service.
- At all times, please follow the directional floor markings.
During the service
- Worship God with all of your heart, soul, strength and mind!
- All materials on pew backs (Bibles, hymnals, pencils, etc.) have been removed from the Worship Center. Hymns and Scriptures will be displayed via the projection system.
- Except for young children, attendees must wear masks at all times inside the building. Worship leaders will also wear masks except when they are actively leading worship through singing, preaching, praying and reading. Worship leaders will maintain social distancing from the congregation when not wearing masks.
- Congregational singing will be placed at the end of the worship service just prior to exiting to further reduce risk of transmission.
After the Service
- Dismissal from service will be row-by-row, and section-by-section in a one-way pattern during exit from the same doors as you entered.
- Masks must be worn at all times inside the building, including during dismissal from the service.
- We ask that you exit the building upon dismissal, but we encourage you to fellowship outdoors using social distancing.
If you have any questions or concerns, please visit christbaptist.org, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call us at 919-573-5454. We look forward to being together again.