Gateway is a local, Christ-centered ministry driven by a life transforming mission: empowering women to choose LIFE for themselves and their unborn children. As a pregnancy and sexual health resource center, Gateway is committed to serving women and men in the community by providing medical, educational and support services and resources related to pregnancy and sexual health without condemnation or manipulation. Strategically located on Hillsborough Street within 3 miles of Raleigh’s six universities and colleges, Gateway primarily seeks to reach and serve the city’s college student population (51,000 students). As a Christ-centered ministry, the gospel is central to who we are and how we serve in the community, and how we serve those who seek our services.
- Client Advocate: Meet one-on-one with clients each week to discuss pregnancy test results and provide pregnancy options education and consultation. This requires initial client advocate training, further on-floor training and a commitment of one 4-hour shift each week. A client advocate needs to be a minimum of 21 years of age, possess a strong desire to serve our clients with compassion and love, and help out at the center with whatever needs arise.
- Male Client Advocate: Meet one-on-one with male clients each week. This position requires initial client advocate training, on-floor training and a commitment to one 4-hour shift per week.
- Campus Outreach: An exciting new volunteer opportunity to assist Gateway staff in our mission of reaching students on our local college campuses. This will involve promoting Gateway via outreach visits and events both on campus and in student dorms, attending campus orientations and building relationship with campus ministries, health center staff and administration.
- Greeter for Satellite Pregnancy Centers: Assist Gateway staff by greeting clients at Gateway’s satellite pregnancy centers – Hargett and Idlewood Village. This volunteer needs to be warm, caring and confident in greeting clients as this volunteer is oftentimes the first person with whom our satellite center clients connect! Training is required along with a commitment of one 4-hour shift each week.
- Sonographer: Provide sonograms for clients. This position is for nurses, radiology technicians and R.D.M.S. certified sonographers and requires initial client advocate training and further on-floor training, limited obstetric sonography training unless already qualified, and a commitment of one 4-hour shift each week.
- Nurse: Provide pregnancy tests, chaperone ultrasounds, serve as a client advocate as needed. This position is for nurses not desiring to serve as a sonographer and requires initial client advocate training, further on-floor training and a commitment to one 4-hour shift each week.
- Receptionist: Greet and check-in clients and answer the phone. A receptionist needs to be warm, caring, confident in answering calls and greeting clients as this volunteer is oftentimes the first person with whom our clients connect! Training is required along with a commitment of one 4-hour shift each week.
- Post-Abortion Care Facilitator: Meet with post-abortive clients seeking healing. This requires initial training and a varied commitment based on client demand. These volunteers typically lead groups through a study, but may work one-on-one and both male and female volunteer facilitators are needed.
Administrative Assistant: Help the staff organize literature, mailings, etc. Flexible weekly, bi-weekly, or monthly commitment.
- Prayer Network:
This is a flexible commitment to be fulfilled at your convenience! We have an active prayer team that is emailed weekly prayer requests by the staff.